Hey guys! Before you say it, I know it’s been a while and I’m very sorry for that. Give me a break, summer just started! Anyway, I’ve been getting back into my meal-prepping, fitness-loving self for these past few weeks and I’ve been trying out different recipes for meal prep.
As someone who has always hated veggies, it’s hard for me to find good meal-prep meals that I actually enjoy eating, so when a cousin of mine asked for some advice on what I do to stay fit and the different things I eat, I decided to share this recipe with you (originally found on the blog Yummy Healthy Easy). My version isn’t exactly the same as the recipe found online, mainy because I don’t like measuring stuff out. I throw it together haphazardly and hope for the best.
So, without further ado, here is RanDee’s messy version of Chili Lime Chicken. (My version makes three meal-prep meals, so adjust yours accordingly.)
- 2 chicken breasts (diced)
- Olive Oil
- 1 Lime
- 2tsp Chili Powder
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Garlic Powder
- 1tsp Kosher Salt
- Quinoa (I prefer the brand “Easy Quinoa” in the flavor garlic & herb)
- Green Beans
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees F
- Dice up the chicken breast and put it in a ziplock bag with the olive oil, lime juice, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. You’ll want to let it marinate in the fridge for 2 hours minimum.
- Pour the diced chicken onto a baking sheet and cook for around 15 minutes, give or take a few minutes (like I said, I’m very much a guess cooker).
- Make the quinoa based on box/bag instructions. Each box of Easy Quinoa makes three servings.
- Cook the green beans as you prefer them, avoiding too much salt or butter.
- You want to aim for 1 cup of green beans, 4 ounces of chicken, and 1/4 cup of quinoa per meal. Obviously, if you make the green beans without an obnoixous amount of salt or butter, you can increase the amount, because I’ll never be the one to tell you not to eat all the veggies.
- Total, this recipe is around 390-400 calories per meal.
Doesn’t it look delicious?!